chalenge

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Shakeology and P90X Weight Loss


Katie F. before P90X and Shakeology
Age: 33
Primary Program: P90X
Supplement: Shakeology

Katie's Stats
BeforeAFTER
Weight:
Waist:
Body Fat %
175 lbs.
36 in.
28.7
146 lbs.
30.5 in.
24

Katie F.
Lost 29 lbs. and 6 inches off her waist!
"There aren't enough characters allowed to describe how much Shakeology has supported me."
Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body? There is only one word to describe how I felt about the way I looked and the lack of energy I had: sad. My life before P90X was a bit crazy and hectic. I was running a day care in my home and had a very young child. I would head to McDonald's® or Taco Bell® as often as I could while I was out and on the run (it was just the easy thing to do), and I would get the largest possible mocha from Starbucks® whenever I had the chance. The word "exercise" had never been in my vocabulary. I had asthma as a child, so I wasn't really fond of exercise back then and I was happy with the way I looked. Then I got pregnant with twins. I gained 70 pounds with my son and "most" of it came off. However, I gained over 90 pounds with my twins, and that weight DIDN'T come off. They were 9 months old, and I still looked (and felt) like I was pregnant with them. I was tired all the time and had no energy. I knew that I needed to add a few new words to my vocabulary: "exercise" and "eat right."
What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey? The word "sad" stayed with me every time I looked in the mirror. I couldn't believe just how far I had let myself go. I knew I needed to make a change, and I knew that change had to be BIG. My girls were at a point where they were just starting to be a bit more mobile, and my son was two (enough said)! I needed the energy to keep up with them every day. I also specifically remember how my brother told me years before (as I was drinking my very large mocha from Starbucks) that it would "catch up with me." Well, it (and all the "easy" trips to McDonald's and Taco Bell) certainly did. I knew they weren't healthy for me. I knew I was spending a ton of money each year, but again, it was "easy." But it did catch up with me, and I needed a change. I needed to drop some weight and change my eating habits for good.
Describe the results you achieved with your Beachbody® program. What achievements are you proud of? Katie F. after P90X and ShakeologyI am still in shock when I look back at my "before" pictures . . . Was that really me? I am ecstatic at what P90X has done for me. I can fit in to a size 8 pant again. (I haven't been able to say that for a long time.) The energy I have each day is just amazing. I don't feel "tired" after running after the kids. I lost just under 30 pounds, completely changed my eating habits, and will NEVER go back. As far as achievements are concerned, I will never forget the day when I was able to complete the Dreya Roll. That one move in the program had been haunting me for a while. I didn't have the strength to do it. I kept Pressing Play and kept trying until one day I could do it! To be able to say that I completed all 90 days of P90X is a great feeling to have. The fact that it has completely changed my life is immeasurable.
How did Shakeology support your transformation? What are the biggest benefits? There are not enough characters allowed to describe how much Shakeology has supported me. :) Remember my "McDonalds, Taco Bell, Starbucks" comments earlier? Yeah, those didn't even enter my mind after the first week of being on Shakeology. I remember my Coach introducing it to me; she said it was a meal replacement shake that helped get rid of cravings, lose weight, and gain energy. I was all for that, and I needed to be sure to get all the proper nutrition while completing P90X. The first thing I remember when I first tried it was the taste. I had tried meal replacement shakes before and did not like the taste of them at all. I remember them having a very bad aftertaste as well. The fact that I could have a chocolate shake with peanut butter every day—and it was GOOD for me—was awesome. I definitely felt a difference in my energy level my first week, and I was definitely not having any cravings for anymore of the "bad" stuff too. Shakeology keeps me healthy and energized.

No comments:

Post a Comment